Cosmetic dentistry is not just about aesthetics. Cosmetic dentistry can repair damaged teeth, realign crooked teeth, brighten stained teeth and reshape teeth that are too short or too long. Most importantly, cosmetic dentistry is part of a treatment plan that seeks to restore dental health while improving the appearance of a patient’s smile and daily function.
Dr. Doyle Freano, Jr. is a Lexington, KY cosmetic dentist who helps patients achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. Learn about some of the most popular cosmetic and restorative treatments we offer.
Popular Cosmetic Dental Treatments
The most popular cosmetic trends are:
- Dental Implants: Affordable dental implants replace missing teeth; this is a surgical procedure that replaces tooth roots with a metal screw-like post.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is the most popular and most commonly recommended cosmetic treatment. Discoloration or stains due to normal eating and drinking habits can ruin the enamel on your teeth and leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are made of composite or porcelain laminates that are placed over damaged, chipped or crooked teeth using a bonded adhesive. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening, porcelain veneers are another alternative.
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays and Onlays are fillings made of composite or porcelain materials. They are used on teeth that are decayed or have structural damage.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve more than one cosmetic procedure. The dentist may have to use a combination of cosmetic procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right For Me?
Dr. Freano understands the anxiety that many patients face when choosing to make over their smile or fix a cosmetic concern. He will discuss the cost of treatment and work with you to ensure you receive the dentistry you need within a budget you are comfortable with.
Having a smile that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing can be an important part of a good quality of life and a boost to self confidence.
Schedule a Dental Exam and Consultation Today
Whether you need to have a tooth replaced or fixed, or just want to improve your smile, Dr. Freano is here to help you. Contact our office online or by phone at 859.554.1586 today to schedule an appointment. We are here to help you with all of your dental needs and concerns.