The prompt replacement of missing teeth is important not only for the aesthetics of your smile, but to avoid complex dental health problems which begin to develop after tooth loss, often compromising replacement choices. Lexington dentist Dr. Doyle Freano works with patients who have lost teeth to determine which quality missing tooth option(s) are best suited to their dental health and cosmetic goals. Learn more about dental implants vs. dentures.
Dr. Freano offers dentures, partial dentures and implant secured dentures to replace on or more missing teeth. Both full and partial dentures can be removable or fixed, depending on the chosen method of securing the denture. One of few area dentists providing comprehensive dental implant services, Dr. Freano often recommends incorporating dental implants to secure a denture or partial denture in a procedure called “all-on-four” for a highly aesthetic secure fit. Using dental implants to secure an appliance such as a dental bridge affords several key dental health benefits:
- Reduced bone loss in the jaw
- Secure, stable fit
- Patients can eat and speak normally
- No need for daily adhesives and concerns over slippage
Types of Dentures
There are several types of dentures that Lexington KY dentist Dr. Freano offers. He will assess your condition during a comprehensive exam, discuss your personal concerns and help you choose the type of denture that is right for you.
- Partial Denture: similar to a dental bridge, a partial denture replaces several missing teeth.
- Full Dentures: used to replace all of a person’s upper or lower teeth.
- Implant Dentures: permanently attached to the jaw using dental implants, implant secured dentures provide the highest rate of patient satisfaction.